Wednesday, May 16, 2012

SharePoint 2010 - Unable to attach debugger to custom workflow built using Visual Studio

What?

I have been developing a custom workflow for SharePoint 2010 using Visual Studio 2010. I have attached it to a library and started to debug it. The debugger got attached right the first time. But after making some code changes and redeploying the workflow, I was unable to attach debugger to my custom workflow anymore!


How?


I have tried a number of solutions: restarted Visual Studio, restarted the server, changed the debug type to Workflow when I attach the debugger, removed the assembly from GAC by force manually and redeployed the workflow etc.  No luck.

Finally after removing the workflow association from the library and adding it again solved the problem. Now Visual Studio successfully debugs my workflow again.

No comments:

Post a Comment