Tuesday, June 22, 2010

"Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage" error in SharePoint 2010 web application

While working on a SharePoint 2010 site, I suddenly encountered the infamous error "Internet Explorer cannot display the web page".

It was just me who was working on that farm at that time.

When I attempted to access the same site collection from within the server, I have been thrown the login prompt repeatedly despite providing the right credentials. All the other site collections in other web applications were behaving normally.

So at this point, it looks like it has to do some thing with that particular web application. I started to check all the web application properties, performed IISRESET but nothing worked. So I rebooted all the servers in the farm starting with the WFEs, then the SQL Server and the AD server.

Finally after handling the Loopback check issue which is covered in this KB article: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/896861, the authentication issues have been resolved.

1 comment:

  1. http://www.onlysharepoint2010.com/2011/08/internet-explorer-cannot-display.html

    check the URL may be helpful..

    ReplyDelete