Wednesday, May 19, 2010

SharePoint 2010 - Table of Contents webpart 20 sites limit

Today while working with Table Of Contents Web Part in a 2010 site, I have noticed that the web part was not displaying all the sites.

From my research online, I have understood about the 50 item limit that SharePoint imposes. There are many posts explaining that issue such as this post

My case was different because the Table of Contents was showing only 20 sites.

Later I have found out that I need to change a setting in Site Settings of the site that contains all the sub sites that I wanted to show.

Navigate to Site Settings > Navigation



Change the value from 20 to [whatever number you need] in the "Current Navigation" section

After changing this, the site map started to show all the sites (in my case about 40)

6 comments:

  1. Thanks, I was about to go nuts knowing I had changed it in the web config and not seeing anything happening.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ditto what Cory said. I was going nuts with this. Do you know if you have to make the changes to the web.config, or is this change sufficient?

    ReplyDelete
  3. @syvsharepoint I did not have to make changes to web.config. The UI changes were sufficient for me

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Chaitu, that was exactly what I was looking for!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Perfect! Exactly the solution I was searching for!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Amazing! This really helped me out too :)

    ReplyDelete